Book Title: Business Essentials for Strategic Communicators: Creating Shared Value for the Organization and its Stakeholders
Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
Author: Matthew W. Ragas
- Strategic Planning for Public Relations
- The Wall Street Journal Guide to Information Graphics: The Dos and Don'ts of Presenting Data, Facts, and Figures
- Compelling People: The Hidden Qualities That Make Us Influential
- Strategic Communications Planning for Public Relations and Marketing
- Thank You for Arguing, Third Edition: What Aristotle, Lincoln, and Homer Simpson Can Teach Us About the Art of Persuasion
- On Deadline: Managing Media Relations, Fifth Edition
- Influence: Science and Practice (5th Edition)
- Primer of Public Relations Research, Third Edition
- A Professional and Practitioner's Guide to Public Relations Research, Measurement, and Evaluation, Second Edition
- Driven: How Human Nature Shapes Our Choices
The rise of digital media and the public's demand for transparency has elevated the importance of communication for every business. To have a voice or seat at the table and maximize their full value, a strategic communicator must be able to speak the language and understand business goals, issues, and trends. The challenge is that many communicators don't hold an MBA and didn't study business in college.
Business Essentials for Strategic Communicators provides communication professionals and students with the essential 'Business 101' knowledge they need to navigate the business world with the best of them. Readers will learn the essentials of financial statements and terminology, the stock market, public companies, and more--all with an eye on how this knowledge helps them do their jobs better as communication professionals.