Book Title: Transforming School Culture: How to Overcome Staff Division (Leading the Four Types of Teachers)
Publisher: Solution Tree Press
Author: Anthony Muhammad
Transforming School Culture provides a school improvement plan for leaders to overcome staff division, improve relationships, and transform toxic cultures into healthy ones.
Dr. Anthony Muhammad contends that in order to transform school culture, we must understand why teachers continue to hold on to models or beliefs contrary to those put forth by their school or district. He explores the human behavior, social conditions, and history that cause the underlying conflict among the four different types of teachers in a school.
The second edition of this best-selling resource delivers powerful new insight into the four types of educators Believers, Fundamentalists, Tweeners, and Survivors and how to work with each group to create positive school culture. The book also includes Dr. Anthony Muhammad's latest research as well as a new chapter dedicated to answering frequently asked questions on school leadership, culture, and more.
How this new edition can help you create a positive school culture:
- Study the author's research and observations of 34 schools 11 elementary schools, 14 middle schools, and 9 high schools and how each school's staff supported or hindered student achievement.
- Consider the characteristics of positive school cultures and how your school's culture and climate may differ.
- Learn how ESSA, CCSS, and NCLB impact teachers and school culture.
- Understand why teachers must work together to improve student performance.
- Obtain tips for creating a healthy culture and producing synergy in schools.
Chapter 1: From Status Quo to True Reform
Chapter 2: The Framework of Modern School Culture
Chapter 3: The Believers
Chapter 4: The Tweeners
Chapter 5: The Survivors
Chapter 6: The Fundamentalists
Chapter 7: Drop Your Tools : A Lesson in Change and Our Best Chance at Eliminating Fundamentalism
Chapter 8: Implications for Practice
Chapter 9: Frequently Asked Questions
Appendix: Study Design References and Resources Index